When we set out to work on the SEO of a page, many times it happens that we do not know where to start. There are hundreds of factors that can influence the positioning of a site and it is easy to overdose on information. But do not worry! Here I leave you a dozen SEO optimization ideas to improve your positioning and traffic effectively.
12 ideas to optimize your SEO now
- 1 # Link Google Analytics and Search Console . Search Console is a tremendously useful tool for SEO optimization, since it provides a lot of information about the keywords that lead to your website and helps you detect and correct errors. If you link these two platforms, you can see all the data directly from Analytics.
- 2 # Optimize your mobile website . For years, Google considers that the default version to decide the positioning of a website is the one shown to mobiles. Therefore, it is essential that you give it priority, either through responsive design or using AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) .
- 3 # Analyze the list of keywords for which your website ranks and sort them by average position to know which ones are in the first place, in the top 10 or in the top 20.
- 4 # Study the impressions for each keyword . If you combine this analysis with the previous one, you will be able to detect many interesting opportunities, for example, words with a high number of impressions that are already on the first page but need a push to reach the top 3.
- 5 # Talk to your technical team to improve the loading speed of your website . A slow website not only has a negative impact on positioning, but can also affect the user experience.
- 6 # Check the search results of your web content , images and videos , not just written content.
- 7 # Compare the evolution of impressions and clicks on the search results page over time, to see the evolution. If you notice a negative trend, it is time to thoroughly review your website to see what may be failing.
- 8 # Check the keywords positioned for each URL , as well as impressions, clicks and average position. In this way, you will be able to detect the specific pages of your website that you are most interested in optimizing in the short term.
- 9 # Optimize your website images . At a minimum, all of them should include the ALT attribute (alternative text that describes the image to the search engines) and have an adequate size so as not to slow down the web load.
- 10 # Review the titles and descriptions of the pages of your website . Remember that the description is the text that appears by default in the search results, so it is key to get more clicks.
- 11 # Use Google Search Console URL Inspection to more quickly index new pages or after making changes.
- 12 # Prioritize detecting and solving the errors that are affecting your positioning before implementing new things. Again, Search Console can lend you a hand to spot them.