Building a budget-friendly WordPress website for your business is the decision that requires a lot of time. And as you can imagine, there are several factors to look at when considering the cost of your website. However, you must know that as your requirement increases, the cost of your website also reaches high.
Every business has different requirements and demands. If you own any kind of local business, such as a gym, a shop, or a hotel, you may want to go for a standard 5-page static website. However, if you’re operating on a big level and want to attract new customers from different cities or countries, you will need a complete E-Commerce website with SEO strategies.
Frankly speaking, a normal website can cost anywhere between Rs 10,000 and Rs 15,000 per year. And the cost may include everything, from web hosting, domain, to SSL certificate to design. Let’s dig deeper and discuss further the cost below:
Two Alternatives for Designing and Developing a Website for Small Business
Alternative #1: Hire a Professional
If you think that website designing and development is not your thing, or you’re too busy to take another load of work, then you can hire a professional. The professional will build the site for you as per your requirements.
Although, many times, while searching for website designers and developers, you might find it difficult to get the ideal professional as per your budget. Either they’re too expensive or too cheap, doubting their trustworthiness.
However, when it comes to average pricing, a professional, modern-looking website can cost you anywhere between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000. The cost can go maximum up to Rs 50,000 or more in some cases as per the pages required on the site.
Let’s have a closer look at what it means:
- Custom site layout: Every website on the internet has a theme or template based on which all the layout works. These days, all the websites come with free or paid templates as per various requirements and features. Having a template or theme will ensure that you don’t need to do the coding from scratch. It’s because of custom website layouts; a good professional business website can be purchased from Rs 3,000 to Rs 5,000.
- Page Volume: In most of the cases, a standard website consists of anywhere between five to ten pages. And web development firms charge differently as per the work required on these pages or extra pages on your website. When you’re unaware of the standard pricing of the page volume, it’s best to consider the cost as about Rs 500/page. Although, the practical cost in your country can differ a lot.
- Website content development: If you want your website to be professionally great, the content should be thoughtful, relevant, and interesting for the online audience. Not only this, but it should also be SEO-friendly to search engines like Google. If you already own a website, then you should update and refine your months and years old content. As much as the design and look, your website’s content matter a lot.
Alternative #2: Go Ahead and Do It Yourself (DIY)
If you found the web technology interesting and have a basic understanding of the same, then you can go ahead and try to build your website from scratch. Today, a lot of people are doing all the things by themselves only.
Here are the things you will need to take care:
- Domain name: A domain name is the name of your website that appears between the two ‘www’ in the prefix and suffix of a website’s name. Registering a new domain name can cost you anywhere around Rs 750 or Rs 900/year.
- Web hosting: Hosting your website from a registrar is something you should decide after proper analysis. Cost ranges from around Rs 5,000/year to Rs 12,000 to even more than Rs 20,000. You can purchase web hosting from companies like WPEngine, Bluehost, or HostGator.
- SSL Certificate: Having an SSL certificate with HTTPS protocol in your website not only makes your website secured, but also help you increase rankings in Google search results. It can cost you as little as Rs 750/year or as high as Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000/year depending on the plan. But these days, many companies are offering an SSL certificate for free with web hosting.
- Premium website template or theme: Instead of going to the free theme, you should spend a little more money to buy a good quality theme for your website. It should cost you no more than Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000. With a solid design and friendly user experience, your website can bring in more visitors.
- Choose Stock Photos: Photos are something that makes your content readable and interesting. So, you need to select the stock photos from sources most ideal for your website. Several websites offer high-quality, royalty-free images for commercial use. And it can cost you somewhat around Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000. You should never, ever use images from online sources on your website.
Honestly speaking, if you plan to build your website on your own, expect at least Rs 15,000 to Rs 18,000 of expenses. However, it’s the time that you will require more in the process.
Even for building a “simple” site, it will require at least 15-20 hours of your time. And that too to produce something worth launching on the internet. If you’re new to this, you can multiply this time by 3x or 4x.
Whether you hire someone to build your website, or do it all by yourself, both of them consists of pros and cons. But if you’re new to website design and development, it’s always best to go for hiring a professional developer. Not only it will help you save a lot of your time, but it also helps you do a lot of other important things to run your website smoothly.
Consider all the above things when planning to develop a website and your website will operate smoothly for many decades to come. When searching for low cost website design in Chennai, be sure to consider a website development that is genuine and reputable.