With over 1.7 billion websites in the digital landscape, optimizing a website alone cannot help businesses improve their visibility in Google searches. Companies need strong marketing strategies to outperform their competitors and increase their return on investment. That’s where leveraging Twitter, a powerful social channel, can help. Reports claim that Twitter has around 238 million monetizable daily active users.
Therefore, embedding information such as links to products, video tutorials, promotional offers, company addresses, contact numbers, etc. in Tweets can help brands get their message across effectively. This, combined with SEO tactics, can help businesses maximize their reach, thus achieving top positions in the SERPs.
In this post, we’ll share the top five tips for leveraging Twitter and increasing your visibility in Google searches.
#1: Make Sure Tweets Align With Your Brand Message
Brand messages convey a company’s unique value proposition with the right words that reflect its personality. It focuses on the history and mission of the brand, thus serving as a powerful differentiator. Attracting customers and earning their trust becomes challenging without a strong brand messaging strategy.
Weak brand messaging = Poor brand perception.
This can stunt a brand’s long-term growth. It’s no wonder that leading brands make sure their website content resonates with their brand message. However, they often fail when creating content for social media.
But why is it crucial?
Here’s a quick and easy example to explain the “why”.
We type “Google” in the Google search bar. Look at what appears in the search results.
Ensure the Tweets Align with Your Brand Messaging
As you can see, a chain of tweets from Google appeared on the first page of the SERPs. In technical terms, this is called a Twitter carousel.
The result reflects how Google displays tweets when a user searches for a brand.
Therefore, tweets with intact brand messages can help companies showcase their brand personality. This can help users gauge the value of the brand.
The biggest advantage? You can control what the target audience perceives of your brand. Therefore, you can use this opportunity to create a positive impression. This can help you reach your target audience and show your authenticity.
Here are some things to keep in mind when creating tweets.
- What is your mission?
- What is your unique value proposition?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is the target audience most interested in?
- What do you want to convey?
- Why should the public choose you over your competitors?
Your tweets should highlight these elements. This can help you create valuable content for users, thereby boosting brand awareness and identity.
#2: Optimize Your Tweets for Carousels
A tweet consists of 280 characters. Additionally, users cannot add more than one image or video to a tweet. These characteristics can limit a brand when it comes to telling its story.
That’s where Twitter carousel ads can help.
Carousel ads display content in an attractive format. With Twitter carousels, users can add up to six slider videos or images in a single tweet. They serve as clickable spaces for the brand’s web pages.
And what else? Video carousels have auto-advance features. The carousel plays a video and advances to the next automatically. Brands can customize headlines and add relevant landing pages to drive customer actions.
With the Twitter carousel, brands can:
- Show multiple products or features
- Highlight customer reviews or quotes
- Share multiple offers
- Illustrate the benefits of services or products
According to Twitter , carousels led to a 20% increase in click-through rate for brands that optimize for multiple goals. Additionally, they showed a 25% increase in click-through rate for brand campaigns focused on website visit conversions.
Leveraging Twitter carousels can boost a brand’s reach and engagement.
Carousels can be created using the tweet composer in Ads Manager.
Note that it offers several options to add images, videos and destination links with the tweet.
Here are some tips for optimizing tweets for carousels.
- Include keywords: Include specific keywords with a CTA in every tweet you share. This can increase audience participation.
In this tweet from Nike (9.4 million followers), take a look at how they’ve targeted Mercurial football. Notice how they’ve linked a CTA to drive action.
- Add Hashtags: Add relevant and trending hashtags to your tweets. This can increase your chances of ranking in the SERPs.
Notice how Digiorno (157.9K followers) used the relevant and trending hashtag “#NationalPepperoniPizzaDay” to grab users’ attention.
Discuss hot topics: What are industry leaders talking about? Make sure your tweets are relevant and timely.
With 377.4K followers on Twitter, Forrester leverages trending topic discussion strategy to maximize audience engagement.
Tag accounts: Mention and tag relevant accounts in your tweets. For example, tag an industry influencer or thought leader. This can help increase engagement and attract new leads.
See how Pepsi collaborated with and tagged former football tackle Andrew Whitworth. No wonder this cold drink brand has 3.1 million followers on Twitter.
#3: Focus on building a loyal following
Although there is no direct correlation between proactive social media engagement and Google rankings, posting high-quality tweets can help boost SEO. This can lead to higher brand visibility in Google searches. Here’s how:
The more you tweet, the greater the audience participation. Although this commitment may not improve your SEO, it can help increase click-through rates.
The key here is to ensure that the tweets are valuable to the audience. If the audience finds the content useful, they can visit your website. Therefore, tweets can indirectly contribute to generating relevant traffic on your website.
Notice how this US airline frequently tweets about its services, promotional offers and the industry.
In addition, your team interacts with and retweets the content of your followers, thus establishing a two-way relationship. This strategy has helped this company gain a whopping 1.9 million followers. They have included their website link in bio for users to visit thus gaining massive traffic.
High-quality, well-optimized content increases the chances that the best domains will link to you. This makes a website trustworthy and helps brands gain backlinks, a crucial ranking signal for SEO.
These are its main characteristics:
- Keyword Finder: Identifies the right keywords to attract new visitors.
- SERP Checker: Research the competition for your keywords.
- Web Audit: Audit your website to identify SEO errors and provide suggestions to fix them.
- Backlink Checker: Spy on your competitors’ backlinks to create effective SEO strategies.
- Backlink Monitor: Monitor the number of backlinks and their domain ratings.
#4: Develop Content Distribution Strategies
Content distribution is just as crucial as content creation.
Without a strong content distribution strategy, it is difficult for brands to reach their target audience.
Here are some effective tactics for distributing content on Twitter.
- Create a content calendar: Plan a detailed content calendar. Include various types of content formats for different days.
Here are some formats to consider:
- Relevant articles of the sector
- Product Update Video
- Tweets from followers
- Statistics of interest
This can help you proactively engage your audience. It has tools like Coschedule or Feedly to plan and publish content (weekly, monthly or annually).
- Decide the hours: According to HubSpot research , **the best time to Tweet is from noon to 3 pm and 6 pm. So time your tweet between this window for high engagement.
- Post Frequently: According to RivalIQ, the top 25% of Twitter accounts post about 12 times a week. This roughly translates to two tweets a day. So make sure you post twice a day.
- Collaborate with industry leaders: Connect with influencers and experienced professionals to promote your content on their Twitter accounts. This can bring massive traffic to your account.
What can be learned? Fill your Twitter feed with valuable content. This can help grab the audience’s attention and outperform your competitors, thereby increasing your credibility.
#5: Optimize Your Bio
A brand bio is one of the first things users see on your profile.
So, in addition to boosting SERP rankings, bio optimization is crucial to creating a positive impression on users. When worded smartly, a 280-character Twitter bio can wow your target audience and strengthen relationships.
After writing the Twitter bio, ask yourself:
- What does your brand represent?
- Does your bio reflect your brand personality?
- Is it optimized for keywords?
- Is it powerful enough to spark conversations?
- Does it contain your website link?
- Is it free of grammatical errors?
- It’s easy to understand?
If it’s a big yes, post your bio right away.
The Twitter bio of Innocent Drinks (299.4K followers) is a perfect example.
- Witty brand personality
- Value proposition (healthy drinks)
- Keyword optimized content (healthy drinks)
- website link
The company has used emojis in its biography to highlight the personality of the brand. Also, the background image amplifies the engagement quotient.
If you are not using SEO on Twitter, you are missing out on a great opportunity to improve digital visibility.
Shared tactics and tools can help you rank high in the SERPs, thereby maximizing traffic. So follow these Twitter best practices to increase your visibility in the digital landscape.