SEO is about optimizing your site to provide better content to search engines to make sure it is well-indexed and your pages is among the top search results. However, the world of SEO rules is always changing with new trends to look into every day, and regular updates on search algorithms, so putting this into practice can be challenging.
Although properly implementing SEO strategies might be challenging, rest assured its benefits significantly outweighs the effort you put into it. To help you start off on your efforts, here are some incredible 2020 SEO statistics from SEO Expert Brisbane you should be aware of.
1. Google changes its algorithm about six hundred times every year.
- 1 1. Google changes its algorithm about six hundred times every year.
- 2 2. 57% of marketers claim on-page content development is the most effective SEO tactic.
- 3 3. 61% of companies say improving SEO is one of their biggest priority.
- 4 4. Over 50% of search queries by internet users contain long-tail keywords.
- 5 5. 97% of consumers check the internet to know more about a particular local business.
- 6 6. 73% of consumers say positive reviews result in trust.
- 7 7. 56% of local companies are yet to claim their businesses on Google.
- 8 8. Google gets over 5.5 billion searches every single day.
- 9 9. 21% of consumers click over one search results.
- 10 10. Websites that are mobile-optimized are more trusted by 51% of consumers.
- 11 11. Within the first 24 hours of searching for a local business on a mobile device, 88% of consumers will interact with the company.
- 12 12. Businesses that own a blog section get 97% more backlinks.
- 13 13. The first five organic results on the first page account for 67.60% of all clicks.
- 14 14. The higher the number of backlinks, the higher search traffic your website gets from the search engines.
- 15 15. Republishing and updating old blog posts can increase organic traffic by 106%
- 16 16. 82% of mobile device shoppers do “near me” searches
- 17 17. 27% of the internet users are using voice search on mobile
- 18 18. The right SEO strategy offers a 14.6% conversion rate.
- 19 19. Over half of web traffic is driven by organic search results.
- 20 20. Search engines generate 10x more traffic than social media.
- 21 21. 93% of online experiences start with a search engine
This means they make about two changes every day. While not all the changes are major updates, they can still impact search results. Though staying up to dates could be time-consuming, if you want optimum performance, it’s very important to be in the know.
2. 57% of marketers claim on-page content development is the most effective SEO tactic.
More than half of SEO and marketing companies like Joel House Search Media agree that content rules when it comes to search engine optimization. On-page content goes beyond simply offering a load of information and keywords. This is why the average length of content that gets ranked is increasing every year.
3. 61% of companies say improving SEO is one of their biggest priority.
More companies are aware of the growth their businesses can experience when they rank very high on Google. If you want your business to continue growing and stay current, you need to make SEO a top priority.
4. Over 50% of search queries by internet users contain long-tail keywords.
Having a business in a certain niche industry can tempt you to choose simple keywords that can help you stay ahead of the competitions, but you will have to do a lot of work to place highly in the search engine with simple keywords. Instead, you may want to opt for long-tail keywords because they are more specific to the details of the products or services you offer. And according to research, over 50% of search queries have long-tail keywords.
5. 97% of consumers check the internet to know more about a particular local business.
Today, almost every shopper makes use of the internet to learn more about any local business they are interested in. So, ensure Google has the right information about your business and ask for positive reviews from customers that are satisfied with your service or product, and concentrate heavily on local SEO optimization.
6. 73% of consumers say positive reviews result in trust.
Having your information out there is not enough for your business to grow, you need to gather Google reviews if you want your potential customers to trust you. Discuss with your customers the importance of positive reviews for your company, and if you run an online business, ask them for reviews through an email.
7. 56% of local companies are yet to claim their businesses on Google.
When you claim your business on Google, you will be allowed to have more control over your business information that Google displays when your target audience searches for your business. Moreover, it also allows you to include images and videos of your business that will help enhance SEO ranking. The reason several companies are yet to claim their business on Google is baffling since it is very easy to claim a business on Google.
8. Google gets over 5.5 billion searches every single day.
The statistic shows that there were 1.9 billion internet users by the end of 2010. Today, the number has significantly soared to 4.021 billion internet uses, recording a 7% yearly raise. The increase in the number of online users also leads to an increment in the number of searches done on Google daily. There were about 32.8 million searches every single day in 2010; today, the number of searches per day is beyond 5.5 billion.
9. 21% of consumers click over one search results.
According to SEO research done in 2018, every fifth internet user access more than one search results when looking for a particular product or service. This most likely occurs because users can’t find what service, product, or information they are searching for, or they want to double-check the details they initially found.
10. Websites that are mobile-optimized are more trusted by 51% of consumers.
Having a responsive and mobile-optimized site is vital in 2020 because more than half of internet consumers don’t trust sites that are not mobile-friendly. Consumers would just avoid websites that are not mobile-friendly. All these statistics point to the fact that you must have a mobile-optimized site to have a successful business in 2020.
11. Within the first 24 hours of searching for a local business on a mobile device, 88% of consumers will interact with the company.
Statistics show that when people search for your company through their mobile devices, they are almost ready to visit your location or call you. Having a website that is mobile-friendly will make sure you take advantage of the opportunities available.
Companies that run a blog receive almost double the number of links to their sites than a business that doesn’t have one. The reason behind this is simply because the more indexed pages a company has, the higher the possibility of writers who search for information will come across your website.
13. The first five organic results on the first page account for 67.60% of all clicks.
This stat shows that it is good for your business to be on the top page. Since most of the clicks are usually done on the first five search results, the competition is fierce than ever, and you need to be creative and knowledgeable to be on the first five organic results.
In a study carried out by Ahrefs on 920 million pages, it was found out that as traffic of a page increase, so did the number of referring websites. So, those 2000+ words you wrote will not only answer your target audience questions but satisfy other industry leaders searching for great content. And you will be rewarded with a link in the process.
15. Republishing and updating old blog posts can increase organic traffic by 106%
By refreshing and updating existing content, you won’t only profit from lots of old content, but you can revive those old content. If you have solid standards and once rank well for keywords with your old blog posts, this is the right SEO tactic to implement in 2020.
16. 82% of mobile device shoppers do “near me” searches
Uberall carried out a study that showed that “near me” searches have increased greatly. And the number rose higher among millennials to 92%. At 84%, quick service industries such as restaurants get most of the “near me” searches. While industries such as banking, apparel, and entertainment also rank among the searches.
17. 27% of the internet users are using voice search on mobile
It has been shown that voice search is not a façade, so it is vital to add it to your SEO strategy. The choice of virtual assistants like Cortana, Siri, and Alexa has truly changed the way consumers browse online. To ensure top quality optimization for voice search, get your point across briefly and in a more conventional tone.
18. The right SEO strategy offers a 14.6% conversion rate.
The objective of running an SEO campaign is to attract visitors that are searching for details about services or products, and this makes it the right tactic for generating leads. It’s not surprising that SEO has an average conversation rate of 14.6%. Traditional strategies, on the other hand, have an average conversation rate of 1.7%.
19. Over half of web traffic is driven by organic search results.
Relying on PPC advertising can be tempting when trying to advance your marketing presence. After all, you are paying to have your pages come up on the first page when your target audience search for information relevant to your business. That being said, over half of the web traffic comes through organic search results. So, instead of paying to rank your website first, it is best to boost your organic SEO instead.
It has been shown by search engine traffic statistics that search is the major traffic source for online shopping websites. Proper SEO for eCommerce websites includes adding keywords that are relevant to your business in your blog content, speed optimization, external links, and product descriptions.
21. 93% of online experiences start with a search engine
Though almost everyone is well aware of this statistic, we just had to mention it to emphasize the significance of search engine optimization. It is very important to get more eyes on your site because almost all experiences begin with a search engine.