As we already mentioned earlier in our entry on the ‘ tricks to get the most out of Google Drive ‘, logging into Google Drive opens us to a new world of possibilities for the Google cloud: documents, images, shared files…
Currently, having files stored in the cloud is a must. In the times we are in, it is very important to save images and other important files in a cloud storage. With this we make sure that we have more space on our device, and in the cloud we can always access it, regardless of where we are.
Despite the fact that there are many alternatives for cloud storage, such as Dropbox, the truth is that Google Drive is quite complete. We mainly saw that in order to access Google Drive applications, the essential thing was to have a Google email account. But if you do not know how to log in to Drive to access all the advantages, today we are going to teach you how to do it quickly, either from a computer or from the mobile version.
Sign in to Drive quickly
To log in to Drive from a computer, we will have to access the web version. For this we put in the search engine (whichever you have) ‘ Google Drive ‘ or you can enter directly from here, and follow the following steps:
- Once inside this screen, we click on the blue central button titled ‘ Go to Google Drive ‘ and it will take us to the main login screen.
- Here we will have to enter our user credentials, which will be the email or telephone number that we have associated with the Google account (Generally it is a Gmail account) and the password. Once the fields are filled in, we press ‘ Next ‘ to continue.
- When accessing, we will be logged into Google Drive and thus enter the start menu and the tools and applications it offers. Now we can create content, such as text documents, upload and share images, or work more comfortably with all Google services. You can also create the ‘Docs’ extension for Chrome.
From the mobile application
The mobile version of Google Drive can be found for both Android and iOS devices.
Normally, some Android devices have Google Drive installed by default as it is a Google service. What’s more, the login will be done automatically with the Google account that we have synchronized on the mobile.
For Apple devices, the application must be downloaded.
- We open the app and the login screen will open for us to enter the user (email) and password.
- Done! We have already logged into Drive from the mobile version. Now we can see all the documents, images and files, as well as send, edit, delete them …
Having trouble logging into Google Drive?
I forgot my password
There is a very simple solution if we have forgotten the login password . If you are wondering how to recover it, the first step is to know that you have to establish a completely new one.
- To recover it, we will do the login steps as usual.
- When we get to the password entry section, in this case, the option ‘ Other ways to log in ‘ appears. If we want we can choose from the list another option to enter the account. But if what we are interested in is recovering and establishing a new password, at the end of the whole there will be the option ‘ Have you forgotten your password? ‘.
- Then they will ask us a series of questions to see if we remember the password. After several steps, we will be presented with a form to establish a new password. When we have established it we click ‘ Change password ‘, and we follow the login steps again to continue.
I have forgotten my email
Although we have another option to log into Google Drive without using email (with the mobile phone), if we want to reset it because we do not remember what it is, these are the steps to follow:
- We follow the login steps on a regular basis.
- Instead of entering data, we click on the button called ‘ Have you forgotten your email?’ .
- Next we are asked to enter a recovery email, which we put it when we created the account.
- Now they will ask us to put our name and surname and click ‘ Next ‘.
- We will receive a new email with a password that they give us by default. We will have to enter this key in the form screen that will appear after entering our name.
- In this way, a list will appear with the accounts that we have connected to Google, we will only have to choose the account that we had forgotten.
- To continue logging in now that we already know the email, we simply enter the password, and we can now access Google Drive.